Thursday 10 November 2011

Polish

On my way home last night I was graced with a prime example of one of my pet hates. Not only do these shoes have enough spare shoe in the pointless pointy bit to make a spare pair of silly pointy shoes for a baby, but they are also entirely unpolished. They are so unpolished that the pointless points look grey; not a good grey either, it is the grey of soggy cardboard.
The young man covering his feet with these sorry looking joke shoes is not alone either, the City of London is awash with men in Sharp suits and shitty looking shoes. Do they gather round the water cooler and compare scuffs?
CityBoy1: "Check it out, my shoes are so unpolished that even a light fog soaks through to my socks!"
CityBoy2: "Yeah, well the pointy bits of my shoes are so waterlogged they drag along the ground when I walk, which has the added bonus of scuffing them even more."
CityBoy3: "Wow, your feet look like Dopey's from Snow White!"
CityBoy2: "I know, it's awesome: way cooler than Dick Whittington!"
...and so on.


No comments:

Post a Comment