Thursday 29 March 2012

Pushing it

So I couldn't help but notice that the owner of these 'beauties' was not the youngest pig in the pen. In my mind, the wearing of perilously impractical footwear is to be associated with the impetuous frivolity of bandy-legged youth. However, as can be seen from the photo, this chap was certainly not bandy-legged, and neither was he a youth by any definition.
Really, if I was in any way down with the kids (which phrase alone proves that I am not), I would probably know that they have moved on and it is only the fashion unconscious over 30s that remain stubbornly wedded to the pointy shoe. This is odd, because it's precisely these people for whom the term 'winkle pickers' should have negative connotations.
The kids are wearing DMs (and if that doesn't make you feel nostalgic then you're probably wearing DMs). They've moved on, maybe it's time the rest of you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment